Wednesday, January 11, 2012

ReIntroduction to me....

Greetings! My name is Erin Gaunce. I'm currently enrolled in my third class at Regis University as a work towards my goal in receiving my Masters in Informational Technology. Currently, I'm a 7th grade science teacher (teaching life science) in Academy 20 School District.

Being that Integrating Technology in Curriculum is my third class, I've had the opportunity to learn a little background about the different uses of technology and informational literacy. I'm looking forward to this class to take my background knowledge and help guide me into ways to incorporate it into my classroom curricula as well as teach other educators to do the same.

Three words that best descrive my relationship with technology is: Engaged, Demanded, and Necessary

I used to think that I was pretty knowledgeable about technology, but I've realized that is not the case. I used to use computers with my students to create webquests and online posters, but I never realized how much more I could do with them!  Over the last couple of months, I've learned how to create a blog, follow blogs/wikispaces for further research, iPad apps to use in the classroom, and how everything can be put into the "cloud!"  Being that I was born in the early 1980's consider myself to be a part of the Generation Y population; however, I teach Generation Z. So, it is important to continue my education in the biggest concept of Generation Z, technology!

I look forward to sharing my new found discoveries through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment